Safety Training Seminars of San Jose celebrates CPR’s 50th Anniversary
Breathing with compressions on the chest was invented half a cenury ago to create cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Even though the American Red Cross and the American Heart Association have changed their guidelines over the years, the basics are still valid: breath and press until the amubulance arrives.
Here are five Everyday CPR Tips for celebrating 50 years of CPR.
1. Organize a CPR certification class at your place of business. Safety Training Seminars offers CPR classes in San Jose as well as other Bay Area cities. Safety Training Seminars can also come to you and can teach the classes on site.
2. Attend a CPR and First-aid certification class with the whole family. San Jose American Heart Association offers CPR and First-aid classes in their comfortable classroom in San Francisco. Bring out the whole family on a Saturday so everyone can learn the steps of CPR in case of an emergency.
3. Go to a NERT meeting in San Francisco. San Francisco offers free emergency classes with the Neighborhood Emergency Response Team. In these classes, you can learn about earthquake preparedness, fire safety, and how to move an injured victim.
4. Start up an AED program at work
Automated external defibrillators are the real life-savers. The AED is a portable electronic device that recognizes a VF rhythm and is able to deliver a shock to the heart of the victim with the use of a defibrillator. Safety Training Seminars offers AED training at company’s location and sells AED’s.
5. Live a heart healthy life-style
Talk to your family about trying to spend one week eating healthy. It is much easier than you think. You can find good recommendations about eating healthy on the American Heart Association website.